The Atkins Diet is assumed by many as the typical low-carb diet program. although he wasn’t the creator, Robert C. Atkins, M.D. is often referred to as the “Father of Modern Low-Carb Diets” due to his books that propagated the diet. The crux of the Atkins program is a diet of lesser carbohydrate intake to address
what Atkins believed to be the core causes of being overweight and secondly, mechanisms to modify the diet to the individual.
What is the Atkins Diet?
Atkins diet plan is focused on restricting what’s known as net carbs (including those in veggies) and emphasize eating protein and healthy kinds of fat. Selected carbs are added back to your diet as you start marching towards your weight-loss goal. Atkins describes net carbs as grams of carbs minus grams of fiber and grams of sugar alcohols. The major difference between the different phases of the two Atkins programs is that in Atkins 20, your primary, “induction” phase limits you to 20 grams of net carbohydrates, while in Atkins 40, your first, induction phase limits you to 40 g of net carbohydrates, which gives you a bit more flexibility in the foods you can eat in the beginning (including, for example, select fruits), the Atkins website notes. In Atkins 20, you can add net carbs again in your diet with 5 g increments (20, 25, 30, and so on), while in Atkins 40, you add net carbs back to your diet in 10 g uplift
Find out the best drinks for weight loss!
Various Phases of the Atkins Diet
The Atkins diet is allocated into four different phases:
The Atkins diet is allocated into four different phases:
1. Atkins Phase 1 (Induction) – Less than 20 grams of carbs per day for two weeks. Eat high-fat, high-protein, with low-carb vegetables such as leafy greens. This is an amazing way to start the weight loss.
2. Atkins Phase 2 (Balancing) – Gradually add more nuts, low-carb vegetables and little amounts of fruit back to your diet.
3. Atkins Phase 3 (Fine-tuning) – When you are quite close to your goal weight, add some more carbs to your diet until weight loss cools down.
4. Atkins Phase 4 (Maintenance) – Here you have the freedom to eat as many healthy carbs as your body can tolerate without gaining weight again.
However, these phases are a tad complicated and may not be absolute. You should be able to put off weight and keep it off as long as you have a meal plan below. Some people decide to skip the induction phase altogether and add plenty of vegetables and fruit from the start. This approach can prove to be very effective as well. Others prefer to just stay in the first phase indefinitely. This is also termed as a very low-carb Ketogenic diet (Keto).
Find out the Psychological benefits of weight loss!
What to Eat on the Atkins Diet?
It is not quite certain that which food is most accurate in the Atkins diet, partly because there is a lot of variation between different countries. The diet observed by most studies is high in healthy plant foods and relatively less in animal foods. However, eating fish and seafood is suggested at least twice a week. The Mediterranean lifestyle also includes regular physical activity, sharing meals with others and enjoying life. One must base your diet on these healthy, unprocessed Mediterranean foods.
- Vegetables – Tomatoes, Kale, Broccoli, Spinach, Cauliflower, Onions, Carrots, Brussels Sprouts, Cucumbers, etc.
- Fruits – Bananas, Oranges, Pears, Apples, Strawberries, Dates, Figs, Melons, Peaches, Grapes, etc.
- Seeds and Nuts – Walnuts, Almonds, Hazelnuts, Cashews, Sunflower Seeds, Macadamia Nuts
- Legumes – Peas, Lentils, Peanuts, Beans, Chickpeas, Pulses, etc.
- Tubers – Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes, Yams, Turnips, etc.
- Whole Grains – Brown Rice, Rye, Whole Oats, Corn, Buckwheat, Barley, Whole Wheat, Wholegrain Bread, and Pasta.
- Fish and Seafood – Trout, Tuna, Mackerel, Shrimp, Salmon, Sardines, Oysters, Clams, Crab, Mussels, etc.
- Poultry – Duck, Turkey, Chicken, etc.
- Eggs – Quail and Duck Eggs, Chicken, etc.
- Dairy Products – Greek Yogurt, Cheese, Yogurt, etc.
- Herbs and Spices – Mint, Rosemary, Garlic, Basil, Sage, Cinnamon, Pepper, Nutmeg, etc.
- Healthy Fats – Olives, Avocados and Avocado Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Whole and single-ingredient foods are the keys to a healthy body.
Find out the best diet for bodybuilding!
Foods to Avoid
The total amount of carbohydrate intake is calculated, without much regard to what its source is. Some development of the philosophy is acknowledged in the book “Atkins for Life” where Atkins first discusses lower-glycemic carbs. Still, refined grains and added sugars are pretty much off the list for the rest of our life, which is the rule with low carb diets.
Find out the best gym machines for home!
The Atkins Diet is simply a low-carb diet program that encourages weight loss but also has a lifestyle component for those not willing to lose weight. As it is quite popular, many people are aware of the diet but need better perception into the science behind the diet and how it functions. Because a part of the program is customized there is an element of the program that is a wait-and-see condition given that it’s different for each person.
What are the Psychological Benefits of Weight Loss?
Ever wondered what are the psychological benefits of weight loss? Find out how losing weight enhances your psychological well-being.
It is a known fact that losing weight not only influences your physical health but your mental health as well. Various benefits of losing weight can be associated with your psychological conditions. The physical changes that occur when you are going through the weight loss process are obvious. You have a fit body, you lessen your chances for many heart and brain diseases, cancer, type two diabetes and so on. The advantages are really many and have been talked about vividly here and there.
However, as always, the psychological influence of weight loss has been neglected. We have to understand that besides becoming physically healthier, many people undergo positive mental changes as well. And these are really significant since you have to cope with your new self in an optimistic, productive, and healthy way.
Not only physical but our mental health after weight loss is also affected greatly and most of these changes are positive. Here are some of the psychological benefits of weight loss programs–
Helps Fight Depression
People who are under a weight loss process reported feeling better (their depressive symptoms were a legend) when they lost weight. People tend to feel better and more positive when they lose weight. Their confidence level increases and they can easily fight depression under such circumstances. Henceforth it is clear that after people lost a specific amount of weight, their depressive symptoms improved.
Lose weight but don’t lose taste. Find out the best weight loss drinks for you!
Improved Body Image
Perhaps this one will be quite self-explanatory, to be honest. Studies and researches have been consistently finding upliftment in body image after people lost weight. Body image was normally measured either by someone’s body dissatisfaction, how high or low they rated their body on a scale of 1 to 10, the shape of their body, body esteem, body posture, and others. As you might imagine, body image improvement was the highest among the three domains — the biggest psychological boost that you will notice among these three when you will lose weight is an augmented satisfaction your body.
The Better Buildup of Self-Esteem
The most interesting thing about self-esteem is that it increases more when people lose weight by a change in behavior in comparison to various surgical procedures or the consumption of pills. Change of behavior means distinctive changes in eating patterns. This basically means it’s more likely your self-esteem will boost more if you lose your weight due to a change in lifestyle or healthier eating, as opposed to undergoing surgery or taking pills. And the relationship between enhanced self-esteem and weight loss seems to be more or less directly proportional, according to a study. It was found that the more weight you lose, the more your self-esteem will increase. This may seem quite self-explanatory and innate, but other studies did not notice this direct effect. And honestly, it doesn’t even matter that much. Most of the studies agree on improvements in self-esteem when you lose some weight. In a few studies, these results could have happened by chance, but this was the wrong assumption as weight loss have direct effects on self-esteem.
Social Benefits of Losing Weight
Once you start losing weight you will notice that your social life is also getting better and your health-related attribute of life improves. The health-related attribute of life can be described as your point of view of your own, psychological, physical and social functioning in which you also may include signs and symptoms of health and disease, as well as possible disgrace you might notice for being fat or overweight.
Studies have noticed several improvements in this social health as well. The highest improvements were normally found for a more specific measure – vitality.
The health-related attribute of life is a trait with the greatest connection to weight loss. By that, one can assume that your self-identified health-related attribute of life is most closely linked to your weight loss. So, the health-related attribute of life enhanced even more than your body image. When people lost 15% or more of their first bodyweight, there was a 7% (or more) upliftment in the perceived quality of life.
The psychological changes that occur in your body when you lose weight are immeasurable. When you shed those extra pounds, you become a lot more satisfied with your body and your appearance in general. Your self-esteem increases, as well as your health-related attribute of life that is your social as well as your mental condition enhance.
Best Weight Loss Drinks
Check out the best weight loss drinks. Make your weight loss journey tastier and better with the best beverages.
We believe that consuming liquids instead of solid foods naturally supports weight loss. However, not all liquids assist in fat burn. Many drinks such as soft drinks and alcohol are responsible for weight gain too.
Find out the best dry fruits for weight loss!
We have come up with the best weight loss drinks for you. These drinks are healthy and rich in many nutrients as well.
- Green Tea
Green Tea is always associated with positive health benefits. It is packed with powerful antioxidants and other beneficial nutrients. Drinking Green tea is the best way to lose weight quickly.
Green Tea increases metabolism; thus, enabling quicker fat loss.
Although all types of green teas are good for you Matcha is better than loss leaf green tea as it contains higher levels of catechins which support quick weight loss.
Coffee contains a high amount of caffeine which acts as a stimulant for fast weight loss. It boosts the metabolism and promotes weight loss.
It is observed that coffee drinkers are better weight managers than non-coffee-ers!
Having said that, caffeine in, a large amount can also harm the body. So, drink coffee in a limited quantity.
Check out the ways to stay fit and healthy this Summer!
- Black Tea
Black tea, just like green tea, contains elements which stimulate fat loss. The tea has a darker color and stronger flavor as it undergoes more oxidation than other teas. This oxidation also helps in quicker and more weight loss. The flavonoids present in black tea are great antioxidants.
Along with drinking healthy beverages, you also need to work out regularly.
Needless to say, water is the least calorie-containing drink in the world. Also, it has thousands of health benefits. Drinking water helps in
- Better functioning of our organs.
- Proper blood circulation.
- Better immunity against diseases.
- Highly reduced chances of sunstrokes and dehydration.
- Glowing and naturally bright skin.
- Healthier hair and nails.
- Quicker and healthy weight loss.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drinks
Apple Cider Vinegar has acetic acid which promotes weight loss. It decreases the level of insulin in the body; thus, increasing metabolism, burning more fat cells and suppressing hunger pangs.
Many studies have shown that acetic acid decreases fat storage in the liver and belly.
However, it must be noted that these drinks erode teeth. Therefore, it should be drunk in a limited quantity. Also, you should rinse your mouth after drinking it.
- Ginger Tea
Ginger is one of the most used spices in food and herbal treatments. It is also beneficial in the cure of arthritis, cold, and nausea.
Ginger tea reduces the accumulation of fat and also burns the existing fatty cells in the body. It is also helpful in increasing the good cholesterol levels in the body.
Ginger tea also suppresses appetite.
- Vegetable Juice
Although, there is no denying that vegetables, when taken as a whole, are more beneficial than consuming them as juice.
But, there’s also no denying that vegetable juices promote weight loss.
If you want to decrease your carb intake but do not want to lower your energy level, vegetable juices are the right drinks for you.
Replace your high calorie beverages with these healthy drinks and see the change in your body with your own eyes.
Best Gym Machines for Home
Who doesn’t wants a fit body with well-toned muscles? But to get that kind of physique you need to do some physical work and we often relate physical work to gyming but honestly, not all of us has the time to go to the gym regularly and in fact, there are many who prefer to work out in isolation for better concentration and results.
Well if you are one of that kind who prefers to work out in solitude or you don’t have the time to hit the gym then don’t worry as bodybuilding, weight lifting and fitness don’t really require a gym membership.
Here are some of the best gym machines that you can bring home and get the body you always wanted. With these machines, you can become your own trainer.
- Power cage-: If you have enough space one of these bad boys, then get it. Your home gym should be centered around the archetypical power cage, which allows you to do the three pillars of conditioning and strength workouts including Bench press, deadlift, and barbell squat.
Where to get it? You can get a classic power cage anywhere online or even at gym equipment stores. It would be better if you take an expert along with you.
Find out how Ronaldo stays fit!!
- Small barbell-: if in case you are running short of space for a huge treadmill or power cage, check out this smaller option. It’s 6 feet long and weighs about 15 kg (33 lbs.), so it won’t occupy as much space as the standard sizing — but it can hold up to 700 lbs. so your work won’t be restricted by its stature.
Where to get it? Small barbells are easily available online at attractive prices although, it is advisable to check the specifications and compare on different sites.
- Power Tower-: This is again a less space occupying yet extremely effective equipment, you can pick up a more neat option for pull-ups, chin-ups, dips, and all the other workouts you can pull off from a hanging position.
Where to get it? Available at Stores and online as well.
- Heavy bag-: If outdoor cardio isn’t really your thing, this punching bag is a terrific alternative for burning fat while building explosive stamina and speed. With the included gloves and wraps, you’ll be all set to rumble right away.
Where to get it? Heavy bags are available in almost every sports or gym store and even you can easily buy them online.
- Kettlebells-: Kettlebells are multifunctional gym tools. They are outstanding additions to your cardiovascular and strength training workout sessions. Along with enhancing the flexibility of your body, these home fitness equipment assists you in shaping your arms, thighs, as well as the core.
Where to get them? Kettlebells, again are easily available both online and in stores although it is advisable to buy them from stores in order to be sure about the weight accuracy and if you are purchasing it online then go for a trusted brand.
- Battle rope-: dare yourself to make your cardio even tougher at home with these raw and ripped battle ropes. Perform slams, waves, and other core workouts but you will need a strong anchor and plenty of room for this one.
Where to get them? Easily available anywhere and very beneficial.
You can find the best fitness and weight loss apps here to stay fit!
It is quite evident that even if you follow the best diet plans for weight loss, the results won’t be as great as you except if you pay little to no attention to physical activity. Physical exercise along with a good diet plan is very crucial for a healthy lifestyle. This equipment will make sure that your workout at home is fully functional.