Ten in every twenty- five adults are suffering from obesity. Even teenagers and children are not left untouched by this disease. Obesity or overweight is not an incurable disease. With some efforts, you can win over this issue and resume your normal life. Weight lossis not an easy affair. Weight can be reduced but it will take time and requires a lot of patience and dedication. Below are some of the tips that will help you losing weight:-
1. Cut Soft Drinks, Add Green Tea: Green Tea has cancer- fighting agents in it. It has many other benefits that are rarely known by the people. Green Tea helps in boosting up the metabolism of a person. According to a study done and published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, drinking green tea thrice daily will increase the metabolism of a person by 5 % which means that you burn 60 calories with green tea every day. A New York, based nutritionist and author of the book cooking with Joy, Joy Bauer states that green tea has a substance catechin in it which is responsible for increasing the level of metabolism- speeding chemical, norepinephrine.
2. Eat Iron Rich Food: Iron helps the cells of the body to get oxygen which in turn increases the metabolism of the same. If your body does not get ample amount of iron, the body will not be able to get proper oxygen and the rate of metabolism in the body will decrease. Around 18 kg of multivitamins is needed by a human body. You can get this quantity by eating four to five daily servings of eatables that are rich in iron, like chicken, lean red meat, soy nuts, and fortified cereals. If you feel tired and weak unnecessarily, consult your doctor and go for an anemia test.
3. Drink Water: A study done in Germany found that if you drink two and a half glasses of water ( 17 ounces of water) within a certain time period, your metabolic rate increases by 32%. If we go by these results, we see that if we increase our water intake by one and a half liters per day, we can burn around 17,500 calories every year. It means about five pounds of weight loss. Water is a calorie- free drink. If we drink water instead odd artificial flavored cold drinks, we will not only lose a lot of weight but also prevent ourselves from weakened bones.
4. Go for A Thyroid Check: If you feel sluggish and lethargic you might be suffering from hypothyroidism or an underactive thyroid gland. 25 % of American women are suffering from hypothyroidism and most of them don't even know that they have some disorder. Pamela Peeke, M.D., professor of medicine at the University of Maryland and author of Fight Fat after Forty explains that the thyroid gland is responsible for controlling the metabolism of the body. Therefore, the first signal of low metabolism is difficulty in losing weight. Your doctor can prescribe you a blood test which will determine if you are suffering from an underactive thyroid gland. If the result is positive and you are suffering from hypothyroidism, you will be given medicines and supplements that will help your thyroid gland in remaining active.
5. Say No to Alcohol: If you want to prevent your food from going straight away to your sides, tummy, thighs, and hips, end it with water, not alcohol. Alcohol depresses the central nervous system of the body which in turn slows down the metabolism. A survey done by a British Institution found out that the people who drink alcohol, even if they eat the same amount and kind of food like the non-alcoholics, gain weight and become fat. This is because alcohol does not burn fat but stores it as body fat and makes a person obese.
Live a disciplined and healthy life not only to reduce weight but also to live longer and fitter.