The Power Packed ‘P’
Weight loss is the fad of today. Everyone young, small, elderly, Asian, Australians, Americans are craving for the weight loss techniques. It is not that we are fascinated by skinny people or models but, the sedentary lifestyle everyone follows has had an adverse effect on our bodies. The way school curriculums are designed, the college routine and the big industrial demands require way too much of mental calculation that at the end of the day it keeps us exhausted even if we were just sitting on our chairs and staring at our laptop screens. We cannot go back to the stone age and go hunting in order to maintain that vigorous workout regime because we are so prone to all the comforts and availabilities of the 21st century but, we can make a shift in the lifestyle to increase the mobility of food flow in our systems. Here is a discussion regarding two adorable fruits which can help you ease off your tiresome journey with weight loss.
The first P: PAPAYA
Papaya is rich in fibre, Vitamin C and antioxidants. Due to these contents, it offers a ransom amount of immunity against various infections also, it helps reducing risks to various heart-related diseases.
- Weight loss- papaya contains 120 calories and it has high fibrous content. Papaya improves the digestive activity of the stomach thus, it controls food cravings and maintains a feeling of a full stomach. with this feeling, the unnecessary munching fades away and it is better to control diet for foodies.
- Lowers cholesterol levels- cholesterol is the major enemy of heart it is better to keep it at bay in order to stay healthy and hearty. The high fibrous content of papaya helps to reduce the fat deposition and to get rid of body toxins thus it reduces the risk of cholesterol deposition in the arteries.
- Immunity boost- While planning our weight loss journey we often tend to forget about our limitations. Workout requires huge instant energy and we tend to bend towards artificial energy bars and energy drinks which are helpful but it is better to stay natural and papaya offers immense source of energy during workout also, it helps to improve the immunity towards diseases as it has Vitamin C which is a primary constituent for giving immunity a boost.
- Good for diabetics as it has lower sugar levels and is highly fibrous.
- Improves eyesight- papaya has a good amount of Vitamin A due to which it enhances the vision and helps to improve the eyesight.
- Beautiful skin- The presence of Vitamin A and Vitamin C makes it skin friendly and gives a good tone to the skin. It gives an overall nourishment and repair to the skin. Papaya helps to shed off old dead tissues and helps to create and rejuvenating the new ones. There are so many face masks available in the market which have their prime ingredient papaya, instead of using those artificial masks it is better to make it a part of diet and get improved results
The second P: PINEAPPLE
Pineapple is the rich source of potassium, copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, beta-carotene, thiamine, B6, and folate, as well as fibre.
- Immunity boost- Vitamin C is mainly associated with reducing illness and boosting the immune system of the body by stimulating the activity of white blood cells and acting as an antioxidant to defend against the harmful effects of free radicals. Free radicals are dangerous by-products of cellular metabolism that can damage various organ systems and disrupt the normal functionality of organs, as well as cause healthy cells to mutate into cancerous ones. The vitamin C content of pineapples defends against irregularity caused by free radicals.
- Weight loss- The high fibre content of pineapple makes one feel full and contented for the day. It's juicy citrus flavour is due to the presence of Vitamin C which acts a positive catalyst to achieve weight loss. Pineapple is not just a fruit; it is a complete food. Pineapple is full of so many vitamins and minerals that it is sufficient to provide the daily boost of energy. Due to its fibrous light weight, it helps feeling active and energetic throughout the day.
- Oral health- Eating pineapple strengthens your gums, and keeps your teeth healthy and strong, thus giving you enough confidence to give a big smile to the camera. All these blessings are showered by the Vitamin C content present in the pineapple. Vitamin C plays a very important role in keeping the teeth safe and secure with the gum grip and this grip depends on the presence of an optimal amount of Vitamin C in our body, its deficiency can cause pyorrhoea.
- Blood circulation-. Most notably, copper is a necessary element for the formation of healthy red blood cells. High red blood cell count increases oxygenation to the various organ systems and makes them function at optimal levels. It also increases cognitive abilities and can maintain neural pathways to prevent neural disorders like dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
The above discussion lays out the importance of including pineapples and papaya to the daily diet, though they are complete foods but the excessive intake can also lead to harmful repercussions. It is advisable to consult a doctor before including papaya and pineapple to your diet if, you are allergic to certain food materials.