FIGHT for FITNESS
As soon as we type weight loss into our search engines, we are bombarded with around 100 million results. In these results, the top priority is associated with the dietary supplements. These can range from pills to powders to body shaper dresses. All of them claiming to lose around 2-3 inches in a week or within a few minutes in case of shaper dresses.
But do you remember Bournvita’s tagline a few years back was something like "There is no shortcut to success" It is true, a tried and tested formula for each one of us who has dared to write a singleton exam. This does not mean that I am trying to say that toiling hard in the gymnasium or a park for hours is the only mantra, of course, it has a very important role but there are many more aspects along with it.
It is said that ‘you are what you eat!’ Don’t believe me? But have you ever tried that minuscule pill from the drugstore for your nasal congestion last winters? Didn’t it force you to bed early that day? Well! The answer is simple enough for us to believe that if a small pill can bring a forced sleep within minutes then what effect would that bowl full biryani might have had on our body?
Do not lose hope, let us help you to be Fit from Fat.
Hollywood is the origin of our fitness demigods and goddesses. You must have acknowledged the drastic transformation of Christian Bale your favourite BATMAN, Oprah Winfrey, Jared Leto. Though, Oprah Winfrey has disclosed that she would never be on diet from now onwards due to her medical conditions. Fitness is not about shedding weight, you may even retain your previous weight and stay fit by toning up your muscles with the help of exercises. Everyone has a different body type; it is quintessential to understand. Being fit is most important.
Points to Ponder
- Lifestyle: -C’mon! keep it moving. You have to come out of your sedentary lifestyle. Sitting or lying all day on your couch and just ogling those spandex covered models on your gadget wouldn’t help you be fit. You and only you can kick those extra kilos off once you start indulging in some physical activities.
- The order is a big NO NO: - Please feed those home-delivery pamphlets from your favourite restaurants to the paper shredder machine. Instead buy a cookbook if you don't know how to cook and once you learn, trust me! There is no satisfaction greater than cooking yourself and devouring it. As you cook, you will be aware of your likes and dislikes and the meal can easily be prepared with less Amount of fat which can add on to your journey to fitness.
- Platter size: - Ah! Yes, that big dining silverware you bought recently can wait inside the cupboard for a few months until some relatives or friends come over for dinner or lunch to your place. Until then, please try and use comparatively smaller platters and bowls while serving for yourself. The constant dietary watch can help you take baby steps towards your goal.
- Endorphins: - Endorphins are basically happy hormones secreted by your brain while performing some physical activity. In this entire journey, it is very important to feel good about yourself to keep yourself motivated. That can easily be achieved by a little 20- 30 min cardio workout at least 5 days a week.
- Calories: - Please consult a dietician and designate the amount of calorie intake your body needs for its proper functioning. As stated earlier everyone has a different body type so the body food intake is different too.
- Breakfast is a must: - Remember skipping a meal is not a permanent solution to your quest. Moreover, Breakfast is the most important meal of the entire day, as it says BREAKFAST i.e. the body has been fasting for quite a few hours and we need to break it. Make sure you inculcate a habit of healthy breakfast every day.
- Pantry overhaul: - We know you love your pantry. After all, you have so skilfully arranged it over years of spending money and time. But it is time to bid adieu to your everyday mindless munching and explicating to finish all those chocolate and strawberry sauce bottles. Please get rid of all the unhealthy food as soon as possible and stack your shelves with more grains, fibre, and proteins.
We hope these small changes in your lifestyle can bring about big changes in the way you look! Count on the baby steps and collect once they mature. The fruits of your hard work will pay off in the long run.
All you have to do is come out of your comfort zone and not over- exert yourself beyond your limits. If you will be fit, you will feel good and get motivated to maintain it.